Sunday, June 5, 2016

6 Weeks Post Wedding

Welllllll, it's been six weeks since our wedding day! I can't believe it's gone by so fast; it feels like only a week ago I was coming home after a long day to Hayley asking me to marry her. And it feels like just yesterday we were spending the day apart, anxiously awaiting becoming Mrs. & Mrs.

There were so many days, especially within the last couple months leading up to the wedding, that we just wished it was over. Or that we could get all our money back and go elope on the beaches of Jamaica. Planning a wedding is super stressful.  Seriously, if you ever want to test your relationship with someone, plan a wedding.  You'll know instantly whether you'll last or not. Not, but for real. It was so stressful, especially at the end, and I don't think we ever had a clue. But, of course, it was all worth it in the end.



Okay, get ready for the sap and super cheesy moment. But first, you have to understand.  Hayley and I have been friends since our sophomore year in college, and about halfway through that year we were spending every moment together (and with Erin) that we could. Our junior year, we started living together for the rest of our college days and then even afterwards.  Basically, what I'm trying to get across here is that Hayley and I have spent everyday of the last two years together, and before that we probably spent about 80% of our time together since our sophomore year in college.  So, leaving each other on the night of our rehearsal dinner knowing that we wouldn't see each other for almost 24 hours was tough. It was so hard because you think, this is the most important day of your life, and while most people don't spend it with their soon-to-be spouse, they're (usually) with their best friend(s). But, Hayley is my best friend. She's the person who I want to scream my good news with from the roof tops; she's the person I want to cry to when nothing is going right; she's my best friend.
Thankfully, even though we couldn't see each other (although we did cross paths in the hotel going to the counter in the morning to get more towels for our rooms), we were actually still able to be in each other's presence.  The Obici has this big, beautiful bridal room, where their brides get ready with their bridesmaids. Since there was only one getting ready room, they hung this big curtain/sheet across the middle of the room (much like siblings do when they have to share a room and don't want the other in their space, haha) and so we could both be with ALL of our bridesmaids and we could communicate with each other when we needed/wanted to. While getting through the night without each other was difficult, it made the day A LOT easier.





Even still, the anticipation waiting to see each other was just baffling. Of course, I was already super excited to finally be able to see her in her dress with her hair and makeup done.  But once our bridesmaids were doing their first look with her, hearing them ooh and ahh over her, I just wanted to get somewhere and be able to see her. Luckily for us, (or just for me, really) that somewhere was my favorite spot in the whole house: the terrace upstairs. Side note: the Obici House was the first venue we ever looked at, and even though it was always our venue, I fell in love with it from the moment I first saw that terrace.  I always imagined us having our first look on the terrace and I am so glad our photographer was able to make it happen.











As far as the rest of the night goes, it was all amazing.  I don't even know what else to say to describe it.  I am so totally not a creative imaginative person, so when we were planning everything out, I just couldn't picture it all together in my head.  My math/science brain doesn't work that way whereas Hayley's does, so I just trusted her and our vendors when they said it would work.  Now, I'm completely biased, and if every single one of our guests would have told us otherwise, I would still say that it turned out absolutely perfect.  I think that the food was delicious (seriously, that mac & cheese though), the linens went together so well, and our centerpieces and floral arrangements tied it all together!










 


Six weeks out, and we are still so happy that we are finally married.  While some days I am a little disappointed that our wedding day is over (I may or may not have cried on our honeymoon because it was over), I am so excited with what we have going on in our lives currently and for everything that is to come in the near  and distance future.  More than ever, I am completely and utterly confident that it's true what they say: the best is yet to come.





We are so grateful to our vendors, our parents, our family, and friends.  Our wedding day was everything it was because of all of you. 








I am going to try, whole-heartedly, to continue this blog through the rest of our married lives.  However, don't expect more frequent updates than what we've been doing.  Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you won't.  I can't promise anything. BUT stay tuned, we've recently bought  a house so there will be an update coming soon!


x o x o ,
Your favorite two Wives <3

No comments:

Post a Comment