Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Dress

Every girl thinks about her wedding day at least once in her life before it happens. She has an idea in her head of how it is going to be. It could be big. It could be small and quaint, but either way she's thinking of her dream day. It has to be perfect to the last detail. The more I plan and think about every aspect of the wedding I feel like a lot of it isn't for me. I feel like a lot of it is for the guests. I mean my main goal is to marry the love of my life, but the second big goal is that my guests enjoy themselves. I don't think that is a bad thing. I want to be hospitable, but I find myself worried about that more than I expected. The only time I didn't think about my guests even a little bit was when I found the dress. Now, I HATE shopping. Shopping is quite the chore when you have a butt like mine. My biggest fear was that I was not going to be able to get what I wanted. I wanted that magical, princess feeling. What girl doesn't?  I mean come on... of all things, the across the board feeling a bride wants is beautiful. So I took myself to the David's bridal and tried to put on my positive, big girl panties. I walked in, walked around, had my entourage showing me dress after dress. Then I saw it on the mannequin. It was perfect! I fell in love with it at first sight, so that must exist if you were wondering because it indeed did happen. Then the big question came... is it in the budget? The answer was no, so we tried to find a similar one. I tried them on trying to convince myself that it was as nice as the mannequin one, but they weren't the same. I wanted the one on the mannequin. So my mom caved and told the sales associate to go get it. Then the moment came. I was in. I was laced up. I was ready to see it. I walked out and looked in the mirror and knew I had found it. I had found the dress. I was elegant, and beautiful. I was a princess and I wasn't leaving the store without it. This dress was mine. It didn't matter if the guests liked it. It was my decision and my dress. I am in love with my dress. It is truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I just want to wear it everyday. And it is so satisfying that it is mine and all mine. Now I can focus on the menu, the venue, the décor, the music, and alcohol of course. And all that can be for the guest. But the moment I say I Do is for Sam and I and the dress is mine and only mine. So brides to be, find comfort in knowing that you will make the people you love happy, share the beginning of your life long adventure with the love of your life and you will still have a little, tiny piece of the day just for you. That's a recipe for perfect if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment