Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bridesmaids? We've Got 'Em

Hi again! We were so grateful to receive so much positive feedback on our last post.  We have the best friends, family, and support system behind us going into this journey and it is the best feeling. You guys are awesome!

For our second catch up post, we wanted to share with you all the details of how we asked our amazing bridesmaids to stand beside us on our big day and a little bit about each of those lovely ladies!

So, Hayley actually found the idea of making a Bridesmaid Box from Pinterest (where we find all our good ideas, really).  It took us a few weeks actually to get all the boxes. We wanted to get the same boxes for all the girls.  However, after going to every Michael's in the Hampton Roads area, we realized that wasn't realistic because the boxes we originally wanted were being discontinued so there weren't many left.  Luckily, we found two similar types of boxes and we used one for my side, and one for Hayley's side. They were very similar, except one was more square-like than the other.

We wanted to keep the boxes very simple, but still very cute and girly. We started by painting the outside of the box all white (and then later putting the initial of each girl on the outside, hence the "S" on the one in the picture). It took a couple layers of paint to get it covered really well and then later on we put their initial on it with a paint pen.  The inside we painted a blush/pink color, because that is the main wedding color.  Once we have everything painted well, we could move on to everything we wanted to put inside of it!


At the time (surprise bridesmaids! Because you may not know yet), our colors were blush, navy, and gold.  Since then we have changed it: the navy is no more and we are adding in a few different shades of pink and nudes. So we first cut out big circles and made it confetti-like to put in the bottom.  Since the inside was already pink, we only made navy and gold confetti.  We also found a pack of different patterned gold foil tape and make a rectangle/square in the lid of the box, and wrote "Be my bridesmaid?" or "Be my maid/matron of honor?" inside of it.  At our local Wal-Mart, we picked up paint chips to put inside of the box so we could share our wedding colors with our bridesmaids.  You can't really see the design, but we clipped all the paint chips together with a gold-decorated/patterned clothespin we found at Michael's super cheap!


Last, but not least, we each stuck in some pictures of us and the bridesmaid inside and tied them together with a gold ribbon.  And we put a little info foldable in there as well.  We wrote about our day on the first card, which included our venue (which actually isn't our venue anymore, more to come on that in a later post!), our date, and just little tidbits about what we want the day to look like.  The second card had the role of our bridesmaids, and the third had all of our bridesmaids and a little fun blurb about each of them.  You can also see in this picture, a little bit, we put a small wine bottle inside with a baby wine glass with their names on it as well.  We think they turned out really well and hope that our girls love them!


So, we have kind of a big bridal party.  There are just so many people who we really love and who have been there for us both individually and as a couple that we couldn't have left out on our big day. There are five girls on each of our sides, which we know that's a lot.  Especially considering that they're all girls, but like I said all of them are just so important to us that it wouldn't have felt right if they weren't there with us!  We're gonna start with Sam giving a tidbit about her side, and then Hayley will do the same with her five bridesmaids!

Sam's side:
My matron of honor is my sister, Casey.  She was really just a given in my brain to be my maid/matron of honor ever since I could remember.  She's the only sister (biological) I had and she's always been there for me.  She was actually the first person I told in my family about Hayley and I and she's always been supportive.  Plus, I was her maid of honor, so it's only fair, right?!
Madi's my first bridesmaid. She is a sister in my sorority. Funny story because when she pledged, she absolutely hated me for whatever reason (and I had no idea who she even was). But we became super close our junior years and she's seriously my long lost twin.  She's one of those people who you just click with automatically and then the rest is history.
My Lizzie is also one of my bridesmaids.  We've been best friends for, wow, 9 years now.  Ever since we met in an interior design class our freshman year in high school and we both had our highlighter organized in rainbow order on the first day of school.  We spent many years being a package deal.  No matter what, I knew there was no way I could have a wedding with her not standing beside me on that day. She's just that important to me.
My little, Emi, is another one of my bridesmaids. Clearly, she's also a sorority sister of mine.  Although she is my little, she's really been my best friend ever since we met. She's my camo-loving, tanning-addicted, outback-hating mini-me.  She's brought me so much joy in the last couple years and I know she'll keep me smiling throughout this whole journey.
Last, but certainly not least, is my Bigggggggie!  All my years of college/sorority life, she's been there for me like no one else.  Whether it was a place to do laundry for free, someone to cart me to the store, or bring me grilled cheese when I was sick, she always was happy to do it.  After all she's put up with over the years, she totally deserves to be in my wedding. Without her, I would have been such a mess in college.

Hayley's side:
My Maid of Honor is my very best friend Erin Frye. Erin and I know each other mostly from our sorority, but she was actually on of the first people I ever spoke to at Longwood. We just happened to sit next to each other in the very first class we ever had as college students. So I guess we were just destined to be friends. I knew I needed a strong person who could help me keep myself together no matter what came my way through all the craziness that is wedding planning. Erin has been there for me through many years and I am honored that she agreed to take on this role for Sam and I's wedding.
My first bridesmaid is my younger sister Amanda aka Mandie. I have had the privilege to watch Mandie grow into the adult that she is today. She still has a while to go before she's full grown ;) but so far she has become one of the most non judgmental people I have ever met. Something that I think should be truly admired in a person. She has always been supportive of me and I am very excited to have her stand next to me on this very important day in my life.
My next bridesmaid is my cousin Jessie. Jessie is someone that gets along with everyone. She is beautiful inside and out and she has been nothing but excited since I asked her to be a bridesmaid. She is constantly assuring me about everything and has offered to help so much already. I don't think my wedding day would be the same without her sassy positivity.
Moving on down the line the next maid is Lauren Griswold. Lauren is also one of our sorority sisters. Lauren has an element of fun that I personally do not posses, but I do enjoy. She lives her life and doesn't let anyone stop her from getting what she wants. I can only try to steal some of this energy that she puts out. She has been supportive and understanding in some of the hardest times in my recent years. I am very glad that she has accepted the position as bridesmaid.
And last, but not least Brittney Wright. Brittney is also a sorority sister. Shocker I know. She was always there to listen and give good advice when were in college. She is so humble and kind and I am glad that I got to know Britt Britt throughout our years at Longwood. She is a very unique person and I am excited to have her sassiness and sense of style on my side. ;)

I know that each of these people have made a big difference in each of our lives. Some of them may know it. Some of them may not, but all in all these are the people we felt that we couldn't make the biggest commitment of our lives without. So thank you ladies and know that we love you!

 
x o x o x o ,
Your Favorite Two Brides

No comments:

Post a Comment